Decision to list medical devices supplied by Bard Australia Pty Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce approval of a listing agreement with Bard Australia Pty Limited (“Bard”) for the supply of:
- Surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs;
- Endomechanical and electrosurgical products; and
- Urology and continence products.
In summary this will result in:
- Bard products in the above categories being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of devices in the above categories as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made as a result of the consultation.
One product, the Toomey Syringe (product code: 0038460), was removed from the proposed listing due to discontinuation by Bard.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of clinical settings including:
- inpatient, outpatient and community settings where Urology, and Continence Products are used;
- general wards;
- infection control;
- central sterile services personnel; and
- occupational health and safety.
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFP”s) for:
- supply of endomechanical instruments, electrosurgical instruments, energy platforms and consumables;
- supply of single-use sterile surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs; and
- supply of urology, ostomy and continence products.
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing in the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Bard, PHARMAC has decided to list Bard’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020.
Our response to what you told us
A consultation letter on these listings was released on 30 September 2020. Feedback on this consultation was requested by 4:00pm on Monday 21 October 2020 and there was one response.
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.