Priority | Te Tiriti o Waitangi Priority | Treaty of Waitangi
Te Pātaka Whaioranga – Pharmac honours and actively upholds Te Tiriti o Waitangi across all our work to achieve the best health outcomes for Māori within our available resources.
”Pharmac’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations should sit at the centre of all Pharmac’s decision-making.”
- Te Tiriti is embedded and is fundamental to Pharmac’s objectives and working culture, and sits alongside our purpose.
- Te Tiriti is reflected in the way we plan for, resource, organise and deliver our work as an organisation, and we measure and monitor organisational Te Tiriti compliance.
- All our work delivers for Māori, with Māori, by Māori. This is planned for and appropriately resourced across all directorates.
- Routine monitoring of our organisation’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi compliance, and planning to address areas for improvement.
August 2022 update
- adopted Ngā Uaratanga – the values for Te Pātaka Whaioranga (Pharmac)
- completed an initial review of key policies and processes for alignment with Te Tiriti and started addressing recommendations
- identified and developed draft Te Tiriti policy and are incorporating feedback from our Māori Advisory Rōpū to finalise.
- reflected Te Tiriti in our organisational strategy, long-term plan (SOI) and annual plans (SPE).
By 2023 we aim to have:
- developed measures for Te Tiriti which reflect Pharmac’s commitment to Te Tiriti
- created an approach to implement our Te Tiriti policy
- embedded routine monitoring of our organisation’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi compliance, and planning to address areas for improvement.