Priority | Te Tiriti o Waitangi Priority | Treaty of Waitangi
PHARMAC honours and actively upholds Te Tiriti o Waitangi across all our work to achieve best health outcomes for Māori within our available resources.
”PHARMAC’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations should sit at the centre of all PHARMAC’s decision-making.”
- Te Tiriti is embedded and is fundamental to PHARMAC’s objectives and working culture, and sits alongside PHARMAC’s purpose.
- Te Tiriti is reflected in the way we plan for, resource, organise and deliver our work as an organisation, and we measure and monitor organisational Te Tiriti compliance.
- All our work delivers for Māori, with Māori, by Māori. This is planned for and appropriately resourced across all directorates.
Routine monitoring of our organisation’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi compliance, and planning to address areas for improvement.
June 2021 update
- completed an initial review of key policies and processes for alignment with Te Tiriti and started addressing recommendations
- identified standards to inform Te Tiriti measures
- reflected Te Tiriti in our organisational strategy, long-term plan (SOI) and annual plans (SPE).
- Reflect Te Tiriti in our organisational strategy, long-term plan (SOI) and annual plans (SPE).
- Outline the plan to review key policies, leadership practices, systems, processes and professional development, to ensure they align with and reflect Te Tiriti.
- Identify standards to measure Te Tiriti compliance.
By the end of 2021 we will have…
- Completed a review of leadership practices, systems, processes and professional development to ensure they align with and reflect Te Tiriti.
- Developed a plan for implementing recommended changes and initiated an ongoing programme of review for Te Tiriti compliance.
- Identified measures to monitor delivery of Te Tiriti o Waitangi responsibilities established and functioning.
By mid-2022 we will have…
- Māori making strong contributions to decision making. By Māori for Māori is a reality.
- Incorporated Te Tiriti into all policies, leadership practices, systems, processes, and professional development.
By 2023 we will have...
- All levels of the organisation clearly understand and reflect PHARMAC’s commitment to Te Tiriti.
- Routine monitoring of our organisation’s Te Tiriti o Waitangi compliance, and planning to address areas for improvement.