Priority | Māori/Crown Partnership
Te Pātaka Whaioranga – Pharmac has strong working relationships with Māori—we engage, actively listen to understand, and deliver on what we agree.
“Pharmac’s current relationships with Māori organisations should continue and be strengthened further.”
“Move towards building relationships with iwi. Iwi have and will always be there.”
- Pharmac’s decision making is informed by strong working relationships with Māori at multiple levels, including through the provision of ongoing strategic advice.
- Strong relationships with Māori, who feel listened to, engaged, actively involved and understood.
- Pharmac is supporting iwi, hapū and Māori health workforces, and partnering with them for collective impact for whānau Māori.
- Benchmarking ourselves against the Te Arawhiti guidelines for engagement.
- Māori trust and confidence in Pharmac has improved.
August 2022 update
- continued our work with our Whānau Ora and Māori health professional partners
- maintained engagement with our partners but resourcing is needed to build our engagement capability
- increased Māori leadership on our expert advisory committees and our Board.
By 2023 we aim to have…
- developed a strategic engagement approach with Māori clinical professional bodies and Whānau Ora organisation partners
- established a way to work with Māori to guide/design the work that needs to be done
- increased capability by having staff who understand the need to meet Te Arawhiti guidelines of engagement
- seen an improvement in Māori trust and confidence of Pharmac.