Priority | Accountability
Te Pātaka Whaioranga – Pharmac Board, leadership and staff have clear performance and accountability expectations for meeting Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations and are meeting these.
What we’ve heard
Te Whaioranga must be championed by all senior leadership team members and managers with clear accountabilities.
- Pharmac Board and senior leadership team understand and deliver on the accountabilities for Te Tiriti that sit within each of their directorates.
- All Pharmac staff are held accountable for delivering on Te Whaioranga as a core part of their role description and function.
How we will measure performance
- The proportion of staff performance reviews that specify Te Tiriti accountabilities.
- Performance management system to incorporate individual staff member’s Te Tiriti and Te Whaioranga accountabilities.
August 2022 update
We have developed Te Tiriti accountabilities which have been adopted by the Pharmac Board.
By 2023 we aim to have...
- completed a self-assessment by the Pharmac Board using the equity capability assessment tool
- the Senior Leadership Team Te Tiriti accountabilities in place
- Pharmac Board, senior leadership team and managers taking strong ownership of Te Whaioranga and Te Tiriti accountabilities.