|To deliver the best health outcomes from NZ’s investment in medicines and related products.||We uphold the articles of Te Tiriti, advancing Māori health and aspirations: Tino Rangatiratanga; Partnership; Active Protection; Options and Equity.
Te Whaioranga purpose
- To give effect to PHARMAC’s commitment to upholding Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- To understand and support whānau Māori to achieve best health and wellbeing through access to, and optimal use of, medicines and medical devices.
Te matakite | Vision
Ka roa ake te oranga o te Māori, ka pai ake hoki tōna hauora. Kua piki ake te kounga o tōna noho me te mana taurite i te ao hauora.
Māori are living longer in good health, and have improved quality of life and health equity.
Ko ngā kaupapa | Priorities
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Te mana whakahaere me ngā tāpaenga a ngāi Māori
- Te hononga o ngāi Māori me te Karauna
- Kia taurite te noho o ngāi Māori
- Te noho haepapa
- Te whakapakari i te raukaha me te whakakore toihara
- Treaty of Waitangi
- Māori leadership and advice
- Māori / Crown partnership
- Equity for Māori
- Building capability and removing bias