PHARMAC commissions research to understand access inequity
Academic articles and journals
- Cram F, Smith LT, Johnstone W. Mapping the themes of Māori talk about health. New Zealand: 2003.(external link)
- Durie MH. Measuring the effectiveness of rongoā. Conference: What is rongoā practice? Ōtaki: Te Wānanga o Raukawa; 2006.
- Durie MH, Potaka UK, Ratima KH, Ratima MM. Traditional Māori healing: a paper prepared for the National Advisory Committee on Core Health & Disability Support Services. Palmerston North: Massey University; 1993.
- Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd. The future of rongoā Māori: wellbeing and sustainability. Wellington: Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd.; 2008.(external link)
- Jones R. Rongoā Māori and primary health care. Unpublished Master of Public Health Thesis. Auckland: University of Auckland; 2000a.
- Jones R. Traditional Māori healing. Pacific Health Dialogue. 2000b; 7(1): 107-109.
- McGowan R. The contemporary use of rongoā Māori: traditional Māori medicine. Unpublished Master of Social Science and Anthropology Thesis. Hamilton: University of Waikato; 2000.
- Ngata P, Pomare E. Cultural factors in medicine taking
- Penney L, Fieldhouse W. Tāne perspectives on the One Heart Many Lives programme and cardiovascular risk. 2012.
- Practical solutions for improving Māori health. Best Practice Journal. Issue 13. BPACNZ. Dunedin: May 2008.
Ethnic inqualities in mortality: Trends and explanations, 1981–2004