Management of common neurological conditions such as headache, epilepsy, stroke, multiple sclerosis and the 60-second neurological exam.
- Neurology basics: Approach to the patient, AKA 'Neuroanatomy for the faint of heart'
- The 60-second neurological exam, and case: multiple sclerosis
- Interactive cases: headaches and migraines
- Interactive cases: diagnosing seizures, pseudoseizures and epilepsy
- Interactive cases: TIA (transient ischemic attack) and stroke
- Interactive cases: Parkinson's disease, motor neuron disease, and 10 things I want my GP to know about neurology
1. Neurology basics: Approach to the patient, AKA 'Neuroanatomy for the faint of heart' (53 minutes)
Dr Anna Ranta
6. Interactive cases: Parkinson's disease, motor neuron disease, and 10 things I want my GP to know about neurology (39 minutes)
Dr Anna Ranta
Seminar held 30 March 2015
Fiona Corbin – Clinical Advisory Pharmacist and Director, PHARMAC Seminar Series
Dr Anna Ranta – MD, FRACP, Consultant Neurologist, Executive Clinical Director, Clinical Leader (Stroke), and Senior Lecturer Capital & Coast DHB, MoH, University of Otago
These presentations are provided for professional development purposes for the benefit of qualified health practitioners and should not be relied upon for any other purpose. Any opinions offered are those of the presenter or other speaker and do not necessarily represent the views of PHARMAC. PHARMAC accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided.