PHARMAC's budget and expenditure on promoting responsible use of medicines.
20 February 2020
[name and contact details redacted]
Dear [name redacted]
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your email of 3 February 2020, in which you asked for the following information:
- The total budget annually for PHARMAC for the last 3 years, and
- The total amount of the budget, both percentage wise and monetary wise, allocated to promote the responsible use of pharmaceuticals, for the last 3 years.
Details of PHARMAC’s budget and expenditure is contained in its annual reports. These are publicly available documents and are available on PHARMAC’s website. Annual reports for the last 3 years are available on the following links:
- www.pharmac.govt.nz/assets/annual-report-2018-2019.pdf [PDF, 4.7 MB]
- www.pharmac.govt.nz/assets/annual-report-2017-2018.pdf [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- www.pharmac.govt.nz/assets/annual-report-2016-17.pdf [PDF, 1.3 MB]
One of PHARMAC’s key functions is to promote the responsible use of pharmaceuticals. This function is referred to as Output Class 2 – Influencing pharmaceuticals access and use, and is predominantly achieved by undertaking the following:
- Explaining Decisions/Sharing Information
- Population Health Programmes
- Supply Management
More information about Output Class 2 is provided in the body of each annual report. Budgetary amounts for Output Class 2 are also disclosed in each annual report, in the table titled ‘Statement of Comprehensive Revenue and Expense by Output Class’.
PHARMAC has applied section 18(d) of the Official Information Act (OIA), recognising that the information you have requested is already publicly available.
We trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we will now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.
Policy Manager, Engagement and Implementation