Proposal to list a range of sterilisation indicators supplied by Device Technologies New Zealand Limited
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to list a range of sterilisation indicators supplied by Device Technologies New Zealand Limited (“Device Technologies”) in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 January 2017.
The proposal is subject to approval by the PHARMAC Board or its delegate following this consultation.
- The proposal would result in 31 sterilisation indicators (Brand: Albert Browne) which are already supplied to DHBs, being supplied under a national PHARMAC agreement with Device Technologies that all DHBs may purchase under.
- The proposed agreement would not be a sole supply agreement, and DHBs could continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of sterilisation indicators, including those not listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
- The proposal would offer small savings (less than $2,000 per annum), based on current usage.
- Pricing for the sterilisation indicators in the proposed agreement, subject to any prior termination of the agreement, would not be increased before 1 January 2018.
- Device Technologies would provide educational services tailored to suit the needs of individual DHB Hospitals in format and time as required by DHB Hospitals.
- Sterilisation indicators not listed on the Pharmaceutical Schedule may still be purchased by DHBs, and DHBs would be under no obligation to purchase sterilisation indicators from Device Technologies.
- The proposed agreement would supersede any existing DHB contracts with Device Technologies for the products listed in Schedule One of the Agreement. This would mean a product purchased by a DHB that is listed in the Agreement would have to be purchased at the price as stated in the Agreement, effective from the date of listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
For brevity, the exact product ranges and pricing in this proposal have not been included in this consultation, however we are making these available to Procurement Departments at DHBs.
PHARMAC is seeking agreements for the supply of sterilisation packaging products and associated consumables with 10 suppliers. To date, PHARMAC has entered into nine agreements for this product category. If accepted, the proposed agreement would be the final one for this category.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Monday 28 November 2016 to:
Devices Category Manager
PO Box 10254
Fax: 04 460 4995
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making decisions on these proposals.
Feedback we receive is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) and we will consider any request to have information withheld in accordance with our obligations under the OIA. Anyone providing feedback, whether on their own account or on behalf of an organisation, and whether in a personal or professional capacity, should be aware that the content of their feedback and their identity may need to be disclosed in response to an OIA request.
We are not able to treat any part of your feedback as confidential unless you specifically request that we do, and then only to the extent permissible under the OIA and other relevant laws and requirements. If you would like us to withhold any commercially sensitive, confidential proprietary, or personal information included in your submission, please clearly state this in your submission and identify the relevant sections of your submission that you would like it withheld. PHARMAC will give due consideration to any such request.