Proposal relating to the listing of montelukast (Singulair) in the Pharmaceutical Schedule
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal relating to a provisional agreement with Merck Sharp and Dohme (New Zealand Ltd) (MSD) for the supply of Singulair.
In summary, this proposal would result in:
- A reduction in the net price paid for Singulair from 1 December 2013;
- Subsidy and delisting protection until 31 December 2016; and
- A change in the Special Authority criteria relating to use for pre-school wheeze and exercise induced asthma.
Proposal relating to the listing of montelukast (Singulair) in the Pharmaceutical Schedule [PDF, 127 KB]
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Friday, 25 October 2013 to:
Therapeutic Group Manager
PO Box 10 254
Fax: 04 460 4995
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or its delegate) prior to making a decision on this proposal.
Feedback we receive is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) and we will consider any request to have information withheld in accordance with our obligations under the OIA. Anyone providing feedback, whether on their own account or on behalf of an organisation, and whether in a personal or professional capacity, should be aware that the content of their feedback and their identity may need to be disclosed in response to an OIA request.
We are not able to treat any part of your feedback as confidential unless you specifically request that we do, and then only to the extent permissible under the OIA and other relevant laws and requirements. If you would like us to withhold any commercially sensitive, confidential proprietary, or personal information included in your submission, please clearly state this in your submission and identify the relevant sections of your submission that you would like it withheld. PHARMAC will give due consideration to any such request.
Details of the proposal
- The list price and subsidy of Singulair supplied by MSD would remain the same as currently listed in both Part B and Part II of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule:
Chemical Presentation Brand Pack sizeh Price and subsidy
(ex-man., ex. GST)
Montelukast Tab Singulair 28 x 4 mg $18.48 Montelukast Tab Singulair 28 x 5 mg $18.48 Montelukast Tab Singulair 28 x 10 mg $18.48
- Proposed changes to the Special Authority criteria and restrictions that apply to montelukast are as follows (additions in bold, deletions in strike through):