Proposal relating to amiloride, perindopril and trandolapril
PHARMAC is seeking feedback on a proposal to fund new brands of the potassium-sparing diuretic amiloride hydrochloride (Apo-Amiloride) and the ACE inhibitor perindopril (Apo-Perindopril) through an agreement with Apotex NZ Limited; to alter the subsidy arrangement for the existing funded brand of perindopril (Coversyl); and to clarify the subsidy arrangement for trandolapril (Gopten).
- Apo-Amiloride (amiloride hydrochloride 5 mg tablets) would be fully funded from 1 July 2013;
- Apo-Perindopril (perindopril 2 mg and 4 mg tablets) would be fully funded from 1 May 2013;
- the subsidies for Coversyl (perindopril 2 mg and 4 mg tablets) would be adjusted to match the Apo-Perindopril subsidies from 1 May 2013;
- the higher subsidy for Coversyl by endorsement for patients with congestive heart failure who were taking perindopril prior to 1 June 1998 would be removed from 1 May 2013. This would mean that any patient currently receiving the higher subsidy by endorsement would need to switch to the Apo-Perindopril brand to remain on a fully subsidised product; and
- the wording of the higher subsidy by endorsement for Gopten (trandolapril 1 mg and 2 mg capsules), which is also available for patients with congestive heart failure who were taking it prior to 1 June 1998, would be amended for clarity.
Details of the proposal follow.
PHARMAC welcomes feedback on this proposal. To provide feedback, please submit it in writing by Monday, 25 March 2013 to:
Senior Therapeutic Group Manager
Post: PO Box 10 254, Wellington 6143
Fax: 04 460 4995
All feedback received before the closing date will be considered by PHARMAC’s Board (or Chief Executive acting under delegated authority) prior to making a decision on this proposal. Feedback we receive is subject to the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) and we will consider any request to have information withheld in accordance with our obligations under the OIA.
We are not able to treat any part of your feedback as confidential unless you specifically request that we do. If you would like us to withhold any commercially sensitive, confidential proprietary, or personal information included in your submission, please clearly state this in your submission and identify the relevant sections of your submission that you would like withheld.