Decision to list medical devices supplied by Integra Neurosciences Pty Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements with Integra Neurosciences Pty Limited (“Integra Neurosciences”) in the following category from 1 November 2023:
In summary this will result in:
- Adhesive, sealant, and haemostat products from Integra Neurosciences being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2023 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of the medical devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the original proposal as a result of the consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff, including but not limited to:
- Emergency service personnel
- General ward clinicians and nurses
- Operating theatre nurses
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional agreement reached with Integra Neurosciences, Pharmac has decided to list the range of adhesives, sealants, and haemostats supplied by Integra Neurosciences in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2023.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which adhesive, sealant, and haemostat products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that purchase products in this category must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement from 1 November 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to review this proposal. We received supportive responses from our direct engagement with select Te Whatu Ora procurement personnel and no material feedback from other respondents.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.