Decision to list medical devices supplied by Universal Specialities, Balance Medical and Surgical Supplies Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals in the following category:
These will be supplied by:
- Universal Specialties Limited (“USL”)
- Balance Medical Limited (“Balance Medical”) and
- Surgical Supplies Limited ("Surgical Supplies”).
In summary this will result in:
- Adhesives, sealants and haemostats products from USL and Balance Medical are being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2023 under national agreements that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreements”);
- Adhesives, sealants and haemostats products from Surgical Supplies' range of these medical devices will be available on the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 October 2023; and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of the medical devices as the Agreements are not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the original proposal as a result of the consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora Hospital staff, including but not limited to:
- Emergency service personnel
- General ward clinicians and nurses
- Operating theatre nurses
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the RFP evaluation processes, and consulting on the individual provisional Agreements reached with Balance Medical, Surgical Supplies and USL, Pharmac has decided to list the range of adhesives, sealants and haemostats supplied by these companies in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2023.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which adhesives, sealants and haemostats products they procure, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that procure adhesives, sealants and haemostats products from the above suppliers must do so under the terms and conditions and at the prices included in the Agreements from 1 September 2023.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to consider this consultation. No feedback was received in relation to this proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.