Decision to list medical devices supplied by Arcomed Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Arcomed Limited (“Arcomed”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Arcomed’s infusion devices being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2022 under a national agreement that all Te Whatu Ora hospitals may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- Te Whatu Ora hospitals being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of infusion devices as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 19 September 2022.
There are no changes to the original proposal as a result of consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- Te Whatu Ora staff including but not limited to:
- Clinical Engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical Product Evaluators
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- General medical ward staff
- Nursing assistants
- Perioperative staff
- Procurement Officers and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 Pharmac issued a Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices)
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the RFP to seek provisional agreements and this is the latest decision to arise from this process.
Te Whatu Ora hospitals can continue to choose which infusion devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers. Te Whatu Ora hospitals that purchase infusion devices from Arcomed must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, outlined in the Pharmac Agreement from 1 December 2022.
The agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Arcomed on the appropriate use of its medical devices, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual Te Whatu Ora hospitals.
The list of products will be available on Pharmac’s website from 1 December 2022, in both PDF and Excel spreadsheet formats.
Our response to what you told us
We’re really grateful for the time people took to review the consultation on this proposal. No consultation feedback was received between the consultation release date and 12 October 2022.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.