Decision to list medical devices supplied by Bio Serve NZ Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Bio Serve NZ Limited (Bio Serve) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Endomechanical and electrosurgical medical devices from Bio Serve being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2022 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under; and
- DHBs will be able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of endomechanical and electrosurgical products as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes have been made to the agreement as a result of the consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Perioperative staff
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Surgical and general ward staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- Sterile services personnel
- Infection control staff
- Procurement and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 Pharmac issued a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for:
- supply of endomechanical and electrosurgical instruments, and energy platforms and their associated consumables
The RFP was for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Following evaluation of Bio Serve’s response to the RFP, and consultation on the provisional agreement reached, Pharmac has decided to list Bio Serve’s range of endomechanical and electrosurgical Products in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2022. This is the final agreement to result from this RFP process.
DHBs that purchase these medical devices from Bio Serve must do so under the terms and conditions, and at the prices included in the agreement, from the listing date. DHBs can continue to choose which endomechanical and electrosurgical products they purchase.
The agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Bio Serve, on the appropriate use of their products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 15 February 2022 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to approve this agreement.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts are expected as a result of the proposal.
Support for the non-exclusivity of the agreement.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.