Decision to list medical devices supplied by Pro-Med Technologies Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Pro-Med Technologies Limited (“Pro-Med”) for the supply of medical devices to DHBs in the following categories:
- Anaesthetic machines, invasive ventilators, neonatal care and critical care patient monitoring (“critical care”); and
- Patient assessment, monitoring and treatment ("patient monitoring").
In summary this will result in:
- Pro-Med’s patient assessment, monitoring and treatment, and critical care devices being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 April 2022 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of patient assessment, monitoring and treatment, and critical care devices.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 3 February 2022.
No changes have been made to the original proposal.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB clinical staff in a range of different clinical settings including but not limited to:
- Patient Monitoring
- Wards and Outpatient Clinics
- Perioperative staff
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- DHB procurement and supply chain
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
Pharmac has previously released the following Requests for Proposals (RFPs):
- supply of anaesthetic machines, invasive ventilation devices and critical care patient monitoring devices
- supply of multi-category patient assessment, monitoring and treatment equipment and consumables
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac has been working with suppliers who responded to the RFPs to seek provisional agreements. We are continuing to negotiate contracts with other suppliers of patient assessment, monitoring and treatment and critical care devices.
The list of medical devices included in Pro-Med’s agreement will be available on Pharmac’s website from 1 April 2022, in both PDF and Excel spreadsheet formats.
DHBs can continue to choose which patient assessment, monitoring and treatment and critical care devices they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase patient assessment, monitoring and treatment and critical care devices from Pro-Med must do so in accordance with the terms and conditions, including price, in the Pharmac Agreement from 1 April 2022.
We expect to consult on further provisional agreements with suppliers in these categories throughout 2022.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 28 February 2022 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list Pro-Med’s patient assessment, monitoring and treatment and critical care devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Support for the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.