Decision to list medical devices supplied by Getz Healthcare Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Getz Healthcare Limited (“Getz”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Getz’s point of care testing equipment and consumables being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2021 under a national agreement that all DHB hospitals may purchase under; and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of point of care testing equipment and consumables as the agreement is not for sole supply.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including:
- Clinical Engineers and maintenance services
- Clinical Product Evaluators
- Laboratory staff
- Nursing assistants
- Point of Care Testing Coordinators
- Point of Care Specialists
- Procurement Officers and supply chain personnel
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In coordination with Pharmac, NZ Health Partnerships (“NZHP”) has previously released a Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) for ranges of medical devices which Pharmac may list on the Pharmaceutical Schedule. NZHP released an RFP for point of care testing equipment and consumables in September 2018. As a result of this process NZHP entered into an agreement with Getz for the supply of Point of Care Testing Equipment and Consumables.
In April 2021 Pharmac released a Registration of Interest (“ROI”) as an opportunity for suppliers to have point of care testing equipment and consumables considered for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
As Getz had an agreement in place with NZHP for point of care testing equipment and consumables, the agreement between Pharmac and Getz was based on that agreement. As there were no material changes to the terms and conditions that are currently in place Pharmac decided that consultation on the provisional agreement was not required, and Pharmac has decided to list Point of Care Testing Equipment and Consumables in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 November 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which point of care testing equipment and consumables they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase these products from Getz must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Pharmac agreement from 1 November 2021.
The agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by Getz on the appropriate use of its point of care testing equipment and consumables, which is to be provided at times and in formats as agreed with individual DHBs.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.