Decision to list medical devices supplied by Lohmann & Rauscher Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Lohmann & Rauscher Limited (“L&R”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- L&R’s medical devices, in the categories above, being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of surgical drapes and gowns as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 14 July 2021.
No changes were made to the original proposal as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- Suppliers and wholesalers
- DHB clinical staff in a range of different clinical settings including:
- central sterile services personnel
- general wards
- infection control
- inpatient, outpatient and community settings
- DHB procurement and supply chain personnel
- Other clinical care providers such as ambulance and hospice providers.
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued a Request for Proposal (“RFP”) for supply of surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs.
This RFP is for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
Pharmac is working with a range of suppliers to seek provisional agreements in this category, this proposal is the latest to arise from these processes.
After completing the RFP evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with L&R, Pharmac has decided to list L&R’s medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 September 2021.
The list of products will be available on PHARMAC’s website from 1 September 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which surgical drapes, gowns and procedure packs they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase medical devices in the category above, from L&R, must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreement, from 1 September 2021.
The Agreement includes terms and conditions for training and education to be provided by L&R on the appropriate use of its products, which is to be provided at times as agreed with individual DHBs.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.