Decision to list medical devices supplied by Jackson Allison and Getz Healthcare
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreement with Getz Healthcare Limited (“Getz Healthcare”) and Jackson Allison Medical and Surgical Limited (“Jackson Allison”) in the following categories:
- Infusion equipment and associated devices;
- Non-dedicated & consumable infusion devices; and
- Non-dedicated feeding devices.
In summary this will result in:
- Getz Healthcare and Jackson Allison products being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of medical devices in the categories listed above.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to a consultation letter dated 18 February 2021.
Detail for several product lines in Jackson Allison’s proposal was updated to reflect additional product support offered by the supplier.
No changes were made to the Getz Healthcare proposal.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Perioperative care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices); and
- supply of feeding devices and/or special foods delivered enterally or orally
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
In September 2020, PHARMAC released a Registration of Interest (“ROI”) as an opportunity for suppliers to have their peritoneal dialysis equipment and consumables considered for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Jackson Allison and Getz Healthcare PHARMAC has decided to list the above medical devices in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021.
DHBs can continue to choose which infusion, feeding, and peritoneal dialysis products they purchase, including those from other suppliers. DHBs that purchase infusion, feeding, and peritoneal dialysis products from Jackson Allison or Getz Healthcare must do so under the terms and conditions, including pricing, in the Agreements from 1 May 2021.
The list of products will be available on PHARMAC’s website from 1 May 2021, in both PDF and Excel formats.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate all responses provided for this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 24 March 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list Jackson Allison’s and Getz Healthcare’s medical devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Getz Healthcare and Jackson Allison
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Support for the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.