Decision to list infusion devices supplied by Radiology DU Limited
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of a listing agreement with Radiology DU Limited (“Radiology DU”) for the supply of:
In summary this will result in:
- Infusion devices from Radiology DU being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of infusion devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
No changes were made to the proposal as a result of the consultation.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Perioperative care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
- Infection control
- General medical ward staff
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued an Request for Proposals (“RFP”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices)
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreement reached with Radiology DU, PHARMAC has decided to list this supplier’s infusion devices, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 May 2021.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 9 March 2021 were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list Radiology DU’s infusion devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
No technical or resource impacts anticipated as a result of the proposal.
Support for the proposal.
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.