Decision to list medical devices supplied by Clinect, Teleflex, and Terumo
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of medical devices to DHBs.
What we’re doing
We are pleased to announce the approval of listing agreements for the supply of non-dedicated & consumable infusion devices (“infusion devices”) with Clinect NZ Pty Limited (“Clinect”) and Teleflex Medical New Zealand (“Teleflex”); and non-dedicated & consumable infusion devices and non-dedicated feeding devices with Terumo Australia Pty Limited (“Terumo”) to DHBs.
In summary this will result in:
- Infusion devices from Clinect, Teleflex, and Terumo and feeding devices from Terumo being listed in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020 under a national agreement that all DHBs may purchase under (“Agreement”); and
- DHBs being able to continue to purchase other suppliers’ brands of infusion devices and feeding devices as the Agreement is not for sole supply.
Any changes to the original proposal?
This decision was subject to the following consultation letters:
There were no changes made to the Agreements as a result of consultation feedback.
Who we think will be most interested
- DHB staff including but not limited to:
- Procurement officers and supply chain personnel
- Clinical engineers and maintenance services
- ICU, emergency, and critical care staff
- Perioperative care staff
- Nurses (both inpatient and community based)
- Suppliers and wholesalers
Details about this decision
In 2018 PHARMAC issued Requests for Proposals (“RFPs”) for:
- supply of infusion devices (including non-dedicated and consumable infusion devices and infusion equipment and associated devices); and
- supply of feeding devices and/or special foods delivered enterally or orally
The RFPs were for non-exclusive national agreements for listing on the Pharmaceutical Schedule.
After completing the evaluation process, and consulting on the provisional Agreements reached with Clinect, Terumo, and Teleflex, PHARMAC has decided to list these suppliers’ infusion devices, and Terumo’s feeding devices, in Part III of Section H of the Pharmaceutical Schedule from 1 December 2020.
Our response to what you told us
We appreciate the time people took to respond to this consultation.
All consultation responses received by 27 October 2020 (for Clinect and Terumo) and 2 November 2020 (for Teleflex) were considered in their entirety in making the decision to list these suppliers’ medical devices.
A summary of the main themes raised in feedback and our responses to the feedback are set out below:
Clinect NZ Pty Limited, Terumo Australia Pty Limited and Teleflex Medical New Zealand
Support for the proposed listings
If you have any questions about this decision, you can email us at email@example.com; or call our toll free number (9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday) on 0800 66 00 50.