Engaging with consumers
Our work directly affects the lives of New Zealanders. So, we need to consider the views of consumers and patients when making decisions.
We keep in touch with communities and consumers to hear their views and involve them in our work.
We strive for good engagement with patients and consumers. Examples of recent activities include:
- an online Application Tracker allowing people to search for the funding status of a particular medicine or device
- improving the PHARMAC website to make it easier to understand and use
- greater use of “plain English” in PHARMAC’s consultation documents and other communications
- hosting community forums to provide opportunities for face-to-face interaction
- evaluating our activities to learn how to improve the quality of our engagement.
During consultation on funding and policy issues, we seek out consumer views. We often give consumers a chance to provide their views or submissions to us face-to-face.
Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC)
The Consumer Advisory Committee also gives PHARMAC advice from a consumer and patient point of view.