Ora products: Supply issue
Due to a manufacturing issue, Ora products are likely to be in limited supply for the coming months.
Midwest has advised, due to a manufacturing issue, that Ora products are likely to have limited supply in the coming months before resupply in early November. These products include:
- Ora-Blend SF (Pharmacode 2377225) – Stock available until early-October
- Ora-Blend (Pharmacode 2377217) – Out of stock with Supplier but stock may be available in the supply chain
- Ora-Plus (Pharmacode 2377233) – Stock available until early-October
- Ora-Sweet SF (Pharmacode 2377268) – Stock available until early-October
- Ora-Sweet (Pharmacode 2377241) – Stock available until early September
All listed products are on allocation
Until the next shipment arrives in early November, the suppler and wholesalers are managing distribution of all products very closely, to ensure fair distribution.
As there is currently some stock available pharmacies are encouraged to order Ora products only as needed.
We understand that, in many cases:
- Ora-Blend can be substituted for Ora-Blend SF
- Ora-Sweet can be substituted of Ora-Sweet SF
Pharmacists should check the relevant formula on the PSNZ website to see if this is a good option.
A small shipment of Ora-blend SF and Ora-plus is arriving in August, however more substantial supply across the Ora product range is not anticipated until early November. Pharmac is continuing to work with the supplier to determine if earlier shipments could be available.
We expect the shipment in November to be sufficient to meet demand, Pharmac will continue to monitor stock levels closely.
Who to contact
If you have questions about this issue, email email@example.com
Please include as much information as you can about the product (presentation, brand, pharmacode) and who your wholesaler is.