Levomepromazine (Nozinan): Supply issue resolved
There's a shortage of New Zealand-approved Nozinan.
In order to ensure on-going supply of Nozinan, the supplier (Sanofi) has sourced Nozinan made for the Swiss market. These will be available in the Schedule from 1 March 2020.
There is a difference in the active ingredient strength. 1.5 x Swiss Nozinan tablets ≈ 2 x NZ Nozinan tablets.
Download Canterbury DHB's helpful clinical advice
- Bulletin Levomepromazine product change national [PDF 205 KB]
- Tab 25 mg as a maleate – Nozinan (NZ)
- Tab 25 mg (33.8 mg as a maleate) – Nozinan (Swiss)
- Tab 100 mg as a maleate – Nozinan (NZ)
- Tab 100 mg (135 mg as a maleate) – Nozinan (Swiss)
Who to contact
If you have questions, contact Sanofi on:
- 0800 283 684 (option 2) for medical Information
- 0800 726 634 for supply questions