Pulmonary arterial hypertension treatments
Applications to fund PAH treatments may be considered by the Ministry of Health or PHARMAC's PAH Panel.
Download the relevant form
Always download a new form. Criteria may change. Applications on old forms will be rejected.
Medicines requiring a Special Authority (SA) form
Special Authority applications are submitted to the Ministry of Health.
Eligibility criteria and Panel application form for PAH therapy
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Panel
The PAH Panel meets every two weeks.
Members of the panel
- Dr Howard Wilson – General Practitioner/Pharmacologist
- Dr Andrew Aitken – Cardiologist
- Dr Lutz Beckert – Respiratory Physician
- Dr Clare O'Donnell – Paediatric Congenital Cardiologist
- Dr Kenneth Whyte – Respiratory Physician
Contact details for the panel
- Email PAH@pharmac.govt.nz
- Fax 04 974 4858
- Phone 0800 023 588 option 5
- Post PAH Panel Coordinator
P O Box 10-254