Pharmac has now completed national contracting for non-surgical antimicrobial hand hygiene (Hand Hygiene) products purchased by Te Whatu Ora for use in hospitals or in the community across New Zealand.
Included within the scope of hand hygiene products
- Liquid alcohol based hand rubs
- Foam alcohol based hand rubs
- Gel alcohol based hand rubs
- Alcohol based hand rubs with second active ingredient
- Liquid non-alcohol based hand rubs
- Foam non-alcohol based hand rubs
- Gel non-alcohol based hand rubs
- Antimicrobial liquid hand soaps
- Dispensers and/or accessories (e.g. Lanyards, wall brackets) associated with the above products.
List of contracted products
- Search the Schedule addendum for "hand hygiene".
- Search the Schedule spreadsheet for "hand hygiene".
Suppliers under PHARMAC national contract
Hand Hygiene products used as part of the provision of health services are considered to be medicines. Medicines require consent to be granted by the Minister of Health to be sold in New Zealand. All Hand Hygiene products listed in the Pharmaceutical Schedule meet this requirement.
The contracts above are as a result of the RFP released in October 2017.
Staying in touch
If you have any questions or would like to be kept up to date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 660 050, or sign up to receive our regular newsletter update Device Advice.