22 March 2021: OIA response | Special Authority approvals for ADHD medicines
22 March 2021
Dear [name and contact details withheld]
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your request dated 22 February 2021 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for information relating to Special Authority approvals for ADHD medicines. You requested an update for 2020 of the table provided to you in July 2020.
Please find below an updated version of the previously provided table for the number of unique people who received Special Authority approvals for ADHD medicines in 2020.
Please note that the Special Authority for atomoxetine was removed from 1 July 2020. People who received atomoxetine after this date without a Special Authority approval are not included in the below table.
We trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we will now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.
Manager, Policy and Government Services
Special Authority approvals for ADHD medicines
|0-4 yrs||5-9 yrs||10-14 yrs||15-19 yrs||20+ yrs||Total|
- 2005-2011 data as first provided by MoH in May 2012.
- 2012-2014 data as first provided by PHARMAC in May 2015.
- 2016 data as first provided by PHARMAC in November 2017.
- 2017 data as first provided by PHARMAC in May 2018.
- 2018-2019 data as first provided by PHARMAC in June 2020.
- 2020 data as first provided by PHARMAC in March 2021.