OIA Response: Insulin needles and syringes data
Request dated 1 May 2019 for information relating to insulin needles and syringes.
29 May 2019
[Name and contact details redacted]
Dear [Name redacted]
REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your request dated 1 May 2019 under the Official Information Act 1982 (OIA) for information relating to insulin needles and syringes. You asked for the following market data for pen needles and insulin syringes:
- Pen Needle Market Data
- Total unit volume by each supplier
- Unit volume breakdown by pen needle length ie; 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 12.7mm for each supplier
- Total pen needle category share by supplier
- Category share breakdown by pen needle length ie; 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 12.7mm for each supplier.
- Insulin Syringe Market Data
- Total insulin syringe unit volume
- Unit volume breakdown by insulin syringe size/volume ie; 0.3mL x 8mm, 0.5mL x 8mm, 1.0mL x 8mm, 0.3mL x 12.7mm, 0.5mL x 12.7mm, and 1.0mL x 12.7mm
Please find attached the requested information [XLSX, 85 KB] for the 2018 calendar year. We have included only data up until December, as more recent data may not be complete and could change slightly. The information provided includes only needles and syringes that have been claimed by a community pharmacy.
We trust that this information answers your queries. We are making our information more freely available, so we now publish selected OIA responses (excluding personal details) on our website. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about this.
[Alison Hill's signature]
Director, Engagement and Implementation